Wednesday, April 15, 2015 from 2:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
The Southern Series aims to find some of the most promising early stage companies throughout the region for 36|86 — the annual meeting place to celebrate the Southeast’s southern culture, technology and entrepreneurship.
Launch Tennessee, in conjunction with ConvergeSE and The Iron Yard, will conduct a 36|86 mini-series in Columbia, home of one of the Southeast’s leading entrepreneurial hubs. This event will take place on April 15th from 2-8 PM at the Music Farm venue.
- Up to 10 companies selected to present at each regional event
- Up to 4 winners from each region announced to attend 36/86 in June
- Following the pitch event, a networking reception will be held followed by a music offering provided by AC Entertainment, the co-founder and producer of Bonnaroo
Each event provides an opportunity for a regional startup celebration and to identify the very best entrepreneurs located throughout the Southeast. Ten startups will be selected to pitch at each stop on The Southern Series, where the chosen winners will advance to LaunchTN’s inaugural 36|86 conference in June for the opportunity to win cash prizes, including $36,000 to the winner. All of The Southern Series winners selected to attend 36|86 will receive a travel and lodging stipend as well as a free conference pass!
- Ernest Andrade, Charleston Digital Corridor
- Marty Bauer, Iron Yard Ventures
- Matt Dunbar, Sc Angel Network
- Mike Elliot, Noro-Moseley
- David Jones, Bull City Venture Partners
- Dan Roselli, Revtechlabs & Qc Fintech
Startup applicants must:
- Be located in one of the 12 southern states
- Have raised less than $2m in equity
- Have one pilot customer or user
- Be either b2b, b2c, a tech-enabled company or consumer prodcuts
Winners will receive travel & lodging stipend to 36|86 in june and the chance to pitch for the grand prize of $36,000.
For more details on the Columbia, SC event, how to apply, attend, etc., visit http://www.thirtysixeightysix.com/the-southern-series
ConvergeSE ticket holders may attend 36/86 for FREE. However if you don't have a ConvergeSE ticket, you can register for 36/86 here.
If you are a Startup and wish to enter to be chosen to pitch at 36/86 in Columbia here is the: Startup Application Link. (PitchBurner Platform)
Follow 36/86 on Twitter: @3686South.